- Detailed Description
- Features and Specs
- Printable Info
BendPak HDS-14X - 14,000 Lb. Capacity, Extended, Long Style
BendPak's HDS-Series 4-post lifts are engineered to meet the strenuous
demands of even your toughest professional lifting jobs. In particular,
this HDS-14X is the kind of sturdy beast you want as the backbone of
your shop. Designed into every HDS-Series lift is a laundry list of key
features as long as your arm to ensure that BendPak is the absolute best
you can buy.
The industrial-quality HDS-14X is a full-sized lifting force designed
specifically for servicing low-profile vehicles and extra-long limousine
fleets. With this four-post lift, you can push 14,000 pounds worth of
automobile into the air without breaking a sweat. This model is
available with optional drive-thru ramps, dip-trays and 7,000-lb.
capacity rolling jacks.
Our competitors might say we overdo it, but we don't include components
for the sake of frills and flash. We design our lifts with the
attributes we feel should come standard with every lift—the kind of lift
we would want to (and do) own. You can always count on BendPak lifts
for increased durability, safety and productivity. Spend less time
worrying about what you're working under and more time doing what you
love. Our commercial-grade lifts are second to none and recognized the
world-over as benchmarks of dependability and quality.
The HDS-14X, HDS-14 and the Super-Tall HD-14TL four-post models
provide a generous 14,000-lb. lifting capacity and feature extended
runways to accommodate a wide variety of vehicle wheelbases.
|Dual-hub cable sheaves
Huge 10-1/2” diameter cable sheaves within the runway and cross tubes
combined with massive 2-1/4” diameter sheave axles dramatically improve
cable wear and critical component lifespan meaning you’ll spend less
money in service related expenses down the road. Dual-hub cable sheaves
reduce stress, fatigue and wear.
|Heavy-duty aircraft cable
BendPak's HDS-Series lifts feature four ½” diameter 6 x 25
stainless-steel lifting cables that have a breaking strength of over
14,000 pounds each. This aircraft-quality cable was specifically
designed for lifting applications and provides a great balance between
abrasion resistance and fatigue.
Grease fittings are located on every sheave and sheave axle to help keep
these critical parts well lubricated and to simplify periodic
|Hidden hydraulic cylinder
Each HDS-Series four-post is equipped with a single 3-1/2” diameter
hydraulic cylinder hidden away under the runway for maximum performance
and reliability and minimum exposure to elements. The welded cylinder
body is made from high strength steel tubing produced to exceed ASTM
|The hydraulic cylinder features a one-piece, pilot fitted, machined
steel piston wrapped with high-durometer, mechanically loaded rod seals,
pressure loaded U-cup piston seals, backups and wear bands that
virtually eliminate any fluid bypass. The micro-smooth chrome-rod is
machined from high yield, ground and polished C-1045/50 micro-alloy
steel and plated to a minimum of .001½ diametrically, to ensure superior
cylinder operation and life.. This combination of superb base material
and superior processing ensures straight, smooth, cylinders that will
provide years and years of dependable trouble-free service.
An integrated hydraulic flow restrictor provides a
controlled descent in the unlikely event of an unexpected hose rupture.
|Durable powder coat
A durable powder coat finish can withstand harsh environments and
chemical sually inspected then sandblasted. (2) All parts are washed in
five-stage phosphate tanks then immediately dried, to avoid rusting. (3)
All surfaces and/or threaded holes that need to be masked or plugged
are done so with high-temperature masking tape and silicone plugs. (4)
The parts are given a quick thinner wipe to remove any light debris or
fingerprints. (5) Finished parts are hung on an electro-statically
grounded conveyor line, then powder is applied using an electrostatic
spray gun. (6) Once the parts are powder coated, the carts are rolled
into our curing oven and baked at 400 degrees for 15 for 45 minutes.
|Large base plates
10" x 12" base plates provide a solid foundation for the HDS-14.
|Spring-loaded safety locks
Spring-loaded safety locks automatically engage continuously during rise
and adjustable safety ladders allow for precise runway leveling even
when installed on sloped floors.
|Push-button pneumatic lock release
A simple push-button pneumatic lock release makes lowering operations
simple and fast. Aircraft-quality stainless steel and aluminum pneumatic
cylinders will provide years of trouble-free service.
|Secondary lock system
A secondary lock system is on constant guard and acts as a slack-cable
device in the unlikely event of an unexpected cable failure.
Lifting cables, airlines, safety latches and sheaves are all fully enclosed within lift structure.
|Adjustable height locking positions
Each column features multiple adjustable height locking positions for
variable-height parking and infinite leveling. 12" x 10" base plates
provide a solid foundation.
|Electric hydraulic power system
A maintenance-free electric hydraulic power system assures ultimate
dependability. All operator controls are conveniently located within
Non-skid runways provides maximum grip, even when the runway surface is
wet or oily. Extended length approach ramps feature automatic rear wheel
chocks and help when loading low ground clearance vehicles.
Longer approach ramps
These approach ramps were designed a little longer to help when loading
low ground clearance vehicles. It's the little bit that makes a big
|Flexible protective conduit
Hydraulic hoses and airlines are routed through a flexible protective conduit.
|Rolling bridge jacks
Optional 7,000-pound capacity rolling jacks (model RJ-7) make a great
addition to increase service capacity. RJ-7 bridge jacks are used to
raise the front or rear portion of a vehicle off the runways allowing
operators to perform efficient wheel and brake service. A pair of jacks
allows the entire vehicle to elevated. Each jack has telescoping arms
and frame contact pads that can be extended over the runways and
positioned under vehicle lifting points. Telescoping rail supports
accommodate adjustable runways for different tread widths. Each jack
features three safety-lock positions and stackable truck and van
adapters for increased lifting height and better access to frame contact
points on high ground-clearance vehicles. The jacks come equipped with a
commercial grade air-hydraulic pump requiring a maximum pressure of 125
PSI and 10-20 CFM.
- 14,000-lb. lifting capacity
- Mid- to long-style approach ramps for low ground clearance vehicles
- Runways include rail-kit for optional accessories
- Single hydraulic cylinder mounted underneath runway
- Fully enclosed lifting cables, safety locks, and sheaves
- Internal anti-sway slider blocks in each column
- Pneumatic push-button safety release
- Features heavy-duty 1/2" aircraft cable
- Safety locks enclosed in columns minimize pinch points
- Oversized sheave diameter reduces cable fatigue
- Oversized self-lubricating cable rollers
- Rugged 1-3/4" roller axles
- Multi-position safety locks in each column
- Customizable power unit location
- Approach ramps incorporate built-in rear-wheel chocks
- Independent backup slack-cable safety latches
- Runways feature non-skid surface
- Optional drive-thru ramps available
- Optional drip trays available
- Optional 7,000-lb. capacity rolling jacks available (Model RJ-7)
- ETL approved
- Lifting capacity*: 14,000 lbs. / 6,350 kg
- Max capacity / front axle: 7,000 lbs. / 3,175 kg
- Max capacity / rear axle: 7,000 lbs. / 3,175 kg
- Overall width: 130" / 3,301 mm
- Outside length: 243" / 6,170 mm
- Overall length: 271" / 6,893 mm
- Height of columns: 92" / 2,338 mm
- Runway min height: 7-5/8" / 192 mm
- Max rise: 70" / 1,778 mm
- Max lifting height: 77-5/8" / 1,970 mm
- Width between posts: 120" / 3,046 mm
- Runway width: 20" / 508 mm
- Width between runways: 37-1/2" – 51" / 952 mm – 1,295 mm
- Runway centerline: 57-1/2" - 71" / 1,460 mm - 1,803 mm
- Outside edge of runways: 77-1/2" - 91" / 1,968 mm - 2,311
- Drive-thru clearance: 98" / 2,482 mm
- Length of runways: 229" / 5,816 mm
- Min wheelbase @ rated capacity: 170" / 4,318 mm
- Min wheelbase @ 75% capacity: 145" / 3,683 mm
- Min wheelbase @ 50% capacity: 120" / 3,048 mm
- Min wheelbase @ 25% capacity: 95" / 2,413 mm
- Locking positions: 13
- Lock spacing: every 4" / 102 mm
- Lifting time: 60 sec
- Motor: 220 VAC / 60 Hz / 1 Ph
- Shipping weight: 2,105 lbs. / 955 kg
- Shipping dimensions: 204" x 22" x 40" / 5,182 mm x 559 mm x 1,016 mm
Note: An air supply (minimum: 30 psi / 3 CFM) is required for the safety-lock mechanisms to disengage. It is solely the responsibility of the end-user to provide, install and maintain the air supply.